You can't afford to pass up membership! Can your business thrive without education, legislative representation, networking, or technology? We'll show you the benefits of membership. See what SEAOC has to offer you.
Benefits and Services
Joining SEAOC gives you access to the California structural engineering community’s greatest opportunity for professional benefits and services. Following are just some of the membership programs available exclusively to SEAOC members:
- Government Relations with local and state legislative/regulatory/administrative bodies.
- Publications including SEAOC Talk, the statewide eNewsletter; the annual Membership Roster; technical/practice documents, and regional newsletters and membership rosters. Learn more about SEAOC publications here.
- Educational Events - state and regionally produced programs to supplement many of the technical publications available.
- Annual Convention/Trade Show - SEAOC offers discounted member rates at this popular industry event. View information about the next convention here.
- State and Regional Awards Programs - These prestigious awards provide widespread colleague recognition.
- On-line Members' Only Resources - Including practice resources, a searchable member directory, news upates, and more.
- Leadership Development many technical committees exist to give all members a voice in the policy set by their association, as well as to provide leadership training skills.
- Industry Relations SEAOC’s staff and volunteer leaders assure that SEAOC members’ interests are represented in all industry-related issues, even those led by other professional associations. SEAOC maintains liaison activities and/or appoints a member to serve on the Board of Directors of many statewide and regional organizations, such as: the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC), the Applied Technology Council (ATC), the California Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering (CUREe) the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA), and the Architects & Engineers (A&E) Conference.
Membership is handled through the Regional Associations -- select the association nearest you.
- Central California (SEAOCC)
- Northern California (SEAONC)
- Southern California (SEAOSC)
- San Diego (SEAOSD)
*New* Individuals who do not live or work in California can become SEAOC Correspondents to gain publication discounts and other communications. Learn more here.