A recent assessment of PEER Lab at UC Berkeley by the International Accreditation Services (IAS) granted expansion of PEER Labs' accreditation to include three additional tests:
- Panel testing in accordance with ASTM E2126-11;
- Beam-column testing in accordance with ANSI/AISC 341-10, Chapter K; and
- Steel frame testing in accordance with ANSI/AISC 341-10, Chapter K
The three accreditations outlined above are in addition to existing accreditations held by the lab for testing to these standards:
- IEEE693, Recommended Practice for Seismic Design of Electrical Substations;
- AC156, Seismic Certification by Shake-table Testing of Non-structural Components
More detail about these tests can be found at the PEER website. For the engineering and industrial community, the PEER-UCB lab has a long history of successfully providing testing facilities, staffing expertise to execute a given project, and the academic background to provide appropriate data analysis, design input, and overall project management. For inquiries about lab availability and services please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to PEER News Alerts for regular updates.